Saturday, May 23, 2009

Topic 4: Thoughts on Information Literacy

The readings explore the vast array of scholarly thought on the process of IL, and as such a TL needs to be aware of the history and the future direction of IL as a context for being an informed learner. From the readings thus far a clear picture of reliance on the Behaviourist models of learning has been identified and from this I also see my own learning and teaching of IL is heavily influenced. I also see there are aspects of the relational model which can be explored in our endeavours to apply IL with our students. What is crucial is understanding how best we can apply IL to maximise student learning, and gathering from the vast body of literature does not depend upon one standardised model.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love them books

love them books
Mastering the art of reading!

About Me

I am married with two children. We all have distinct and diverse interests which makes for a very busy household. My family has been extremely supportive of my return to study and I am grateful for this. The demands of a full time job and a busy family life don't always coexist in perfect harmony which at times causes me to reflect on my course for personal and professional fullfilment.