Saturday, May 23, 2009

Topic 2: Role of TL and Principal support

It is refreshing to reflect upon our readings and come to an understanding of how our future roles can be shaped by us and for us if we use our skills, information and research to inform our practice and that of others. I particularly liked Loertcher's reference to the "ripple effect" of change. The bigger picture is often realised and comes about as a consequence of something else. Therefore, as TL's working in an ILSC the temptation is to come in and trailblaze new and exciting programs based on what we already know. In my experience this can have a negative effect upon the established norms and practices already in existence within the school. It is my belief that progress or change (Obstacles) need to addressed with sensitivity and most importantly teachers like to know that there is some research and evidence that underpins our decisions. The Principal should be a close ally and a resource to be tapped into easing the stress of the TL having to be the lone crusader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love them books

love them books
Mastering the art of reading!

About Me

I am married with two children. We all have distinct and diverse interests which makes for a very busy household. My family has been extremely supportive of my return to study and I am grateful for this. The demands of a full time job and a busy family life don't always coexist in perfect harmony which at times causes me to reflect on my course for personal and professional fullfilment.