Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Collaboration, Flexibility and Student learning

The more I read about beneficial TL and teacher collaboration and the measured and perceived benefits by all those involved the harder I need to work at this process. Lack of teacher collaboration is singularly the most unrewarding role a TL has. It sends out a very clear message about the role TL's are expected to play. The body of research that is emerging is strongly suggesting that there is a direct link between collaboration and increased student learning outcomes. As TL's we need to speak the language of administrators and number crunches when we are speaking with our school executive (Lange& Montgomery, 2003). Data speaks volumes and we must be prepared to use this if we are to educate the next generation in the best way possible.

Having said this a clearer picture of how few TL's are actually teaching IL and collaborating with teachers; as such it may be that those in the profession may need to be reminded through Data that this is a vital component of learning and that it should be supported and promoted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love them books

love them books
Mastering the art of reading!

About Me

I am married with two children. We all have distinct and diverse interests which makes for a very busy household. My family has been extremely supportive of my return to study and I am grateful for this. The demands of a full time job and a busy family life don't always coexist in perfect harmony which at times causes me to reflect on my course for personal and professional fullfilment.